A Green and Eco-Friendly Hotel
The Nadler Liverpool is an eco-friendly hotel and we have made a long-term commitment to minimising the impact that our operations have on the environment. The Nadler concept has at its core the three principle elements of sustainability - economic, environmental and social.
Following July's release from Green Business UK we are very excited to announce that the only thing that goes green more effectively than us may in fact be the Incredible Hulk! Everyone here at The Nadler Liverpool is truly chuffed to have been awarded the best gold level rating for Green Tourism. Environmentally friendly tourism is something that we have always prided ourselves on and this award is a well deserved pat on the back for many members of our team.
Green tourism is a major part of the The Nadler concept and we are constantly adding new initiatives in both Liverpool and London that we hope will allow us to maintain and improve upon the standards that earned us this gold rating.
Our green hotel policies and procedures include the following:
- We aim to recycle 80% of waste
- Our delivery requirements are half of those of a traditional hotel, and orders are consolidated, where possible, to reduce transportation costs
- All rooms have electronic key operated power switches to reduce energy usage when rooms are unoccupied
- External, corridor and public toilet lights are sensor and timer operated so that electricity is not wasted in low-use hours
- Our hot water boilers, cylinders & pumps operate only on demand and are therefore extremely efficient
- Services management systems in place to control temperatures throughout the hotel
- All staff are trained in environmentally friendly initiatives in order to avoid unnecessary waste
- Where possible, environmentally friendly cleaning products are used
- Guests are encouraged to participate in our green policies by re-using their towels, if they wish to do so, having sheets changed less often, and to not use water in a wasteful manner
- Energy saving light bulbs are used throughout the hotel
- We offer Fairtrade tea and coffee in all mini-kitchens
- Suppliers are vetted to ensure the companies we work with are committed to sound and ethical environmental protocols
Responsible Visitor Charter
At The Nadler Liverpool we understand that by making positive choices we can all reduce our effect on the environment. As a guest, we welcome your support in assisting The Nadler Liverpool to become a more sustainable destination to reduce its carbon footprint.
Please see below a number of tips on how you can play a big part in promoting good environmental practices:
- Conserve Energy - reduce energy by switching off lights and closing windows if heating or air conditioning is on. The Energy Saving Trust provides information on what you can do at home.
- Eat Local, Buy Local and See Local - support local producers and services, experience the true flavour of what England has to offer. We have secured discounts for our guests in many of the local restaurants, bars and cafes. Additional information is available from our reception team.
- Give Cars & Cabs a Rest - avoid cars, if only for the day. Many of Liverpool's attractions are within a short walk of the hotel or even hire a bike for the day - ask our Reception Team for directions or view our on-screen base directory in your room.
- Be Water Wise - Please use water wisely. Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth and adhere to towel policies or other water saving initiatives.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - Assist us by avoiding over packaged goods or by saying no to that extra carrier bag.
- Waste Recycling - The Nadler currently recycles over 80% of it waste. For more information on what is currently recycled within the hotel, please ask one of our team members.
- Support Green Businesses - There are hundreds of businesses in Liverpool trying to reduce their carbon footprints.